UPDATE: CommentLuv is no longer being supported due the health of the developer. I recommend you stop using it and switch to a spam blocker like WP SpamShield.
In last week’s post, I laid out 3 reasons why I believe my blog traffic doubled in two months. One of those reasons was a plugin called CommentLuv. The free version of this plugin has been around for several years and has been downloaded over 540,000 times! The whole premise behind CommentLuv is to reward visitors for leaving a comment on your blog.
Over the years, the developer, Andy Bailey, has improved the plugin and has even created a premium version with many new features.
I got a chance to interview Andy about CommentLuv recently and quizzed him about the benefits of blog commenting, tricks for driving more traffic to your blog, dealing with the headaches of spam comments and a lot more. I didn’t pull any punches. I started off asking him about the knock on CommentLuv — that it encourages spam comments. I loved his upfront and honest answer and I think you will too!
Did you know…
- Why comment spammers are so prolific?
- How comment spam bots actually work?
- How to really entice your regular visitors to comment on your blog?
Click Here for the replay to learn all of that and more
Reasons why you would want to upgrade to CommentLuv Premium:
- G.A.S.P. plugin is integrated. G.A.S.P. eliminates 99% of bot generated spam which means you don’t have to waste your time dealing with all the spam comments you are now getting. It also helps to validate trackbacks and eliminate trackback spam.
- TwitterLink plugin is integrated. This updated plugin allows your commenters to leave their Twitter name once and have it included in all their comments. Just a little appreciation for them adding to the conversation.
- Keyword Name bonus for approved commenters. This version of CommentLuv takes the old KeywordLuv to a whole new level giving you more control over when commenters can use keywords in their name. This is a powerful incentive to your best commenters.
- Bonus to you when you comment on other CommentLuv blogs. You’ll have the choice of linking to either one of the 10 most recent posts on your blog or any page you choose as a favorite. That way you can link to your most relevant content to the blog post you are commenting on.
- Advanced stats. You’ll be able to see which of your comments are receiving the most clicks back to your blog. If you notice that the readers of certain other blogs are interested in your comments, that’s a good cue to comment more on that blog.
Is your blog getting hit with comment spam? Need a boost in your blog traffic? Want a sure fire way to encourage your readers to leave a legitimate comment? The solution is CommentLuv Premium.
If you act quickly, you can get a super deal.
Click the Continue button to learn more…